Monday, January 16, 2017

Be Strong and Courageous

It's been a while since I've written you, dear Internet, and for that I apologize. The holiday season was BUSY for us, to say the least. I'm sure my busy-ness will just get worse when Little Bit comes along...

I also have wanted to keep this platform very intentional, and keep my posts completely lead by the Holy Spirit, sharing with you guys whatever it is that He wants me to share, when He wants to share it. There are seasons in our lives where we hear Him speaking to us constantly, and then there are seasons that He seems to be quiet, and I'm learning that this is something to be embraced. Because let's be real, I'm still very much in a season of waiting, and I must learn to embrace it.

This process will be a long one, and I'm learning that most people may not fully realize that. At Christmas, there were some that were expecting to see a bouncing baby on my lap. As much as I wish that were the case, it is not. But. In time, it will be. And it will be that much sweeter, because the timing will be right.

One thing that is coming along, is preparing our nursery. I haven't gotten anything put together quite enough to do any sort of "reveal," and I'm not sure when that will ever be, if even. But I am ready to say that our "theme," if you will, for the room is Strong and Brave.

In Scripture, the Lord commands His people over and over again to be strong and courageous. And as we look forward to this season that lies ahead of us, He has made it clear that this will be a season for Matt and I to be strong and courageous, as well as to create a space for the child(ren) who come through our doors that will prophesy strength and courage over their lives.

Something that has been so special to me has been Matt's Christmas gift to me. When he asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I told him I wanted Giving Keys. Originally, I had asked him for two of the same necklace, in different colors. One with the word Strength, and one with the word Courage.  When I opened them to see two different necklaces in two different lengths, I was overwhelmed with pleasant surprise. Because now, I can wear them together. The Lord's prophesy over us and over our children will be around my neck more times than not. Together. Not separately.

And you know what? It's even better, because if we are strong, but have no courage, then where are we? And if we have courage, but are not strong, then how far can we go in our battles? The Lord does not command His people to just be strong, or to just be courageous. He commands us to be Strong AND courageous.

And so with every time that I wear these, I am owning a prophesy of what God is creating me to be and what He is using me to instill in our family: STRENGTH. COURAGE.

So if you see me wearing them, and wonder if these are just trivial words for me, they are absolutely not. These words are God's prophesy over me. These words are God's prophesy over Matt. These words are God's prophesy over our children. I wear these with great reverence. I wear these as a seal of God's promises over our lives.

And I will cherish these sweet gifts forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment